Thursday, July 23, 2009

Brightlance/Wraithsword Conversion

I have found myself running the Brightlance and Wraithsword combination with my Wraithguard far too often lately and I really don't care for the way the stock assembly looks for that weapon combination. So I decided to combine the Wraithsword with the Brightlance as a sort of bayonet.

I started out by cutting the Wraithsword away from the hand on both sides... I will use the lower part of the sword grip as a stock for the Brightlance.
Photobucket

Next, I cut the power cell away from the blade section of the Wraithsword... This is necessary in order for it to fit under the barrel of the Brightlance.
Photobucket

Next, I attached the sword grip to the back of the Brightlance to create a stock. I then attached the Wraithsword blade to the underside of the Brightlance and connected it to the trigger guard using a small piece of plastic tubing.
Photobucket

Now the the Brightlance/Wraithsword is done, I attached it to one of my Wraithlords. I am really happy with the way this simple conversion turned out and I will definitely be making another Wraithlord like this one. I am not 100% happy with the way the BL/Sword looks on the current model, but now that I know how the Brightlance/Wraithsword looks I will pose the next Wraithlord differently.
Photobucket

1 comments:

Pick A Damn Army said...

Wow! That looks top notch. Impressive looking and simple.